Writing Retreat Registration | June 14 to June 16, 2017
- GENERAL REGISTRATION : $350 (includes lodging*, some meals/refreshments, admission to the retreat & festival, and a one-year membership to the Mari Sandoz Heritage Society)
- SANDOZ SOCIETY MEMBER & STUDENT REGISTRATION : $300 (includes lodging*, some meals/refreshments, and admission to the retreat & festival)
- GUEST/NON-PARTICIPANT: $75 (includes lodging* if space is available, some meals/refreshments, but no access to the workshop sessions--this registration level is for spouses, friends and significant others who plan to accompany retreat participants)
*NOTE: This is a writing retreat, with an emphasis on building a community of writers in our two days together. Participants will not only share their writing in process, but also the 1890 Brick Office Quarters. This is a large building, but be aware that sleeping accommodations will be communal, with up to four individual bunks in some of the rooms. (When registering you may indicate if you are attending with another person, and if you are comfortable with gender-neutral room assignments. We have two private rooms with queen-sized beds available for couples). In the spirit of "writing wild," many of our events will be taking place outdoors and in historic buildings. Participants should be prepared to navigate stairs and for moderate physical activity in variable weather.
*LODGING OPTIONS: If you are arriving early or if you prefer not to stay in the retreat venue, (or for those traveling from afar who may want a place to stay in the region before and after the events), rooms are available at the Lodge (about $79 per night) or a nearby hotel in Crawford or Chadron (plan on a 30 minute commute). There are also camping facilities available. A list of lodging options appears at the end of this program. These costs and arrangements are your own.
- Registration Opens March 12, 2017
- Registration Closes June 1, 2017
- Space is limited to 15 writers. Early registration is encouraged